2 cups of wholemeal spelt flour or (gf flour recipe below)
¼ cup ceres cacao powder
¼ cup good pantry hemp protein powder
½ tsp huckleberry farms baking soda (aluminium free)
1 tsp huckleberry farms cinnamon
½ tsp himalayan salt
1 tsp heilala vanilla paste
1 x cup of ceres organic golden sugar or coconut sugar
½ cup of pure coco coconut oil
1 cup of tonzu coconut yoghurt
2 large frenz organic eggs. if you are allergic to eggs or you are vegan then you could sub this for two ripe all good bananas.
1 cup of oob organic frozen raspberries
- mix all dried ingredients flour, cacao powder, hemp powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large mixing bowl, keep the sugar separate.
- mix all wet ingredients into a medium size bowl coconut yoghurt, coconut oil, egg or bananas then add the sugar to the wet ingredients letting dissolve.
- turn on over to 180 degrees.
- mix dried and wet ingredients togther then stir through the raspberries.
- oil your cupcake tray with coconut oil
- pour mix into cupcake tin almost full to the top
- bake between 18-22 mins if you put a skewer in the centre of one muffin and it comes out clean they are ready!
- leave cool for 5 mins then remove and put on a cooling rack
- top with extra raspberry and yoghurt
- enjoy with a cup of tea
spelt – I love spelt flour for it’s flavour and texture but I have also learnt that it is high in calcium and great for the immune system, great for kids especially if they are dairy free.
cacao – high in antioxidants and magnesium to calm the nnervous system.
hemp protein - great source of plant protein containing 20 amino acids including the nine essential amino acids.
cinnamon – helps digestion.
vanilla – reduces inflammation.
coocnut oil – high in natural saturated fats to promote a healthy heart and great for skin, nails and hair.
coconut yoghurt – probiotic fabulous for good gut flora especaily when extra is drizzled on top.
eggs – great source of protein and also contain vit D, B6 and B12 and minerals such as zinc and iron.
bananas – are amaizng in so many ways and are so versatile, they conatin calcium Vit A, potassium, B6, iron and folate.
raspberries – high levels of antioxidants.
recipe by Chantel Priddy co-director of greenleaf organics
GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
3 cups of brown rice flour
3 cups of sorghum
1.5 cups of potato starch
1.5 cups of tapioca flour
1.5 tbsp guar gum
mix together and store in an air tight container
everything above can be purchased at Ceres Organics