- 1 cup ceres organic pineapple chunks with juice
- ½ cup of mixed red and green cabbage *
- ½ cup of fresh organic mint *
- 2cm knob of ginger *
- ½ a lime *
- ½ tsp of ceres ashwaganda
- 1 tbsp of ceres watermelon seeds
- 1 tbsp kumarahou tea *
- 1 265ml pineapple switchel
1. steep kumarahou tea in 50mls of boiling water for 15mins.
2. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender for 2 mins or until smooth.
3. Strain tea and place into the smoothie and blend for another 5 secs.
4. Pour and enjoy and beat the winter blues
pineapple– high in Vit C for immune support, contains bromelain a key enzyme in reducing inflammation and also high in manganese and Vit A.
cabbage– great source of calcium, magnesium and potassium. cabbage is also high in antioxidants such as flavonoid, zeaxanthin, choline and beta-carotene which remove toxins and are also anti-inflammatory.
mint – cools and soothes respiratory passages while also calming fever and headache.
ginger– contains gingerol which fight bactaria.
lime– rich in Vit C
ashwaganda– known as Indian ginseng, ashwaganda is an adaptogen that boosts antioxidants and regulates the immune system. stimulates red and white blood cell rejuvenation
watermelon seeds– fabulous source of magnesium, iron and good fats. also contains folate so great for upcoming mums
kumarahou– breaks up mucous so is great for coughs, colds and asthma
Pineapple SWITCHEL– contains apple cider vinegar (ACV) which is a prebiotic for good gut health
* all fresh ingredients have been sourced at Huckleberry Farms your organic grocer
Recipe created for I AM Co by Chantel Priddy co director of greenleaf organics